« Home | Hi all!Sorry it has been so long since I have upda... » | Good Friday, Everyone!This week has been good. My... » | It's me, Phoenix. :)I hope all is well with all of... » | Hello Faithful Followers! :)I hope this blog finds... » | Good Tuesday, Everyone!I hope all of you had a goo... » | Wow! What a great weak it has been! I can't belie... » | Hi All!Nice to see you again!I apologize I have no... » | EXCITING NEWS!I want to let everyone know Fire Cre... » | It's that time again.... Did you miss me? :)Hope e... » | Hi All! :)I hope this Thursday finds you doing wel... »

Good Monday, Everyone!

Just a few quick words to update everyone.

Neal and I are still around and have been very busy the last few weeks. We had to change out the vinyl flooring in our big bird room as the carpet underneath got moldy. What a mess it was. We cleaned the carpet very well, got all the mold out and replaced the old vinyl with new vinyl. It smells and looks much better now (even though the vinyl flooring is all different colors... LOL). I even think the birds like it! :)

We are still preparing for the bird show which is fast approaching. We are doing some last minute changes on the presentation and hope to try it out this next weekend at Neal's work where they have a projector. I hope it goes well. But, that will give us a week to correct any errors before the show. Cross your fingers!

I had a unique situation hit me last week, with a bird, that really got me upset and thinking.... what do people think buying a bird is all about? I mean, do you just see it in a store or at a show and decide you want to take it home without doing any research first? There are other shows (at least 4 per year) and there will be birds available then, too, after you do much research. Neal and I so much want people to learn before they buy. Is that too much to ask? Baby birds are way different than adult birds. These "sales people" out here just talk the birds up without telling the consumer the "bad" things about the bird and what can happen as it gets older. Not to blame it on them, as it is normally "buyer beware". But, the bird is the one who pays the ultimate price... not you, the consumer. THINK PEOPLE! PLEASE!

Ok, enough of that negative stuff. :)

I want to thank all who have been contacting us with questions and concerns. Thank you, so much, for putting your faith in us and trusting us with your bird's life. You are who give us the strength to continue doing what we do and to continue updating the web site and relaying new information. Hats off to you and yours!

Ok, time to get back to work.

I hope to see all of you at the bird show on Oct. 29th.

Have a great week,

Phoenix and Neal