« Home | Well, Good Day Everyone!Nice to see all of you her... » | Ok guys!Three days left until the show! I can't wa... » | Good Monday, Everyone!Just a few quick words to up... » | Hi all!Sorry it has been so long since I have upda... » | Good Friday, Everyone!This week has been good. My... » | It's me, Phoenix. :)I hope all is well with all of... » | Hello Faithful Followers! :)I hope this blog finds... » | Good Tuesday, Everyone!I hope all of you had a goo... » | Wow! What a great weak it has been! I can't belie... » | Hi All!Nice to see you again!I apologize I have no... »

What a great presentation we had yesterday at the school! The kids seemed really into it and Neal and I had a ball. We gave out feathers to those who answered the questions properly and at the end, had a wonderful time showing the kids the handfed Lovebirds and the Amazon, Pepper. The teacher gave us some wonderful feedback and said she wants to recommend us to another school! Is that cool or what?

I am so proud of Neal! He did great in preparing the slide show and he did well with his section. All the kids loved the dinosaur info and at the end, they asked us if they could have more feathers.... LOL! We had brought quite a few, so that was no big deal. Neal and I are hoping we made a difference with the kids. As in, they will remember us for a while. But, I don't know. At least we had a chance to do this and to make a difference in their lives.

A couple of the kids already had a few birds. But, they were not friendly birds and they could not be held. They were so intimidated by the Amazon. It was so funny..... she would growl at them and they would move away. Then, one of the boys finally got her up on his arm and did very well. The girls were a little more timid, but eventually gave in.

All in all, it was a great time! I hope we get to do it again!

I have made a decision.... I am going to work at Chief's Bird Cabin. They have so many birds there and it is just that much more I can learn about birds. Plus, they have a bunch of babies that need to be handfed and I LOVE THAT! I am starting in a week or so, after the holidays. I am excited about it and think it is the right idea to call The Bird Store and let them know my plans. I do not want someone else telling them and then there will be bad blood. Not like they would care or anything, but you just never know. I would rather them hear it from me.

I am also thinking of getting a job at an Avian vet. Maybe as a vet tech or something. I would love to learn the harder stuff when it comes to birds. Then, I will have a better chance at helping my own birds and getting some awesome information. WOW! We shall see what the future holds.

Anyway, just a quick update.

Write more later,

Phoenix and Neal