« Home | What a great presentation we had yesterday at the ... » | Well, Good Day Everyone!Nice to see all of you her... » | Ok guys!Three days left until the show! I can't wa... » | Good Monday, Everyone!Just a few quick words to up... » | Hi all!Sorry it has been so long since I have upda... » | Good Friday, Everyone!This week has been good. My... » | It's me, Phoenix. :)I hope all is well with all of... » | Hello Faithful Followers! :)I hope this blog finds... » | Good Tuesday, Everyone!I hope all of you had a goo... » | Wow! What a great weak it has been! I can't belie... »

Hi Guys and Gals!

Hope all of you are well.

Well, what a great day it was. I started my new job at Chief's Bird Cabin. What a busy place it is! Today, I basically learned what kind of clean up they do in the morning before the store opens. And, what a bunch of work it is!
They have so many birds there! I could not believe it! In my opinion, there are too many birds! It seemed as though the birds that were hand fed, all were a bit nippy. To me, it seemed as though there should have been more time spent with the birds they already had, not with handfeeding new babies. But, what do I know?! I am not lying when I say there must have been at least 40-50 birds in the "nursery". WOW! If it were me, I would definitely just work with keeping the birds already there, more friendly. What good is it to have so many "hand fed" birds if you can hardly handle them?! Does that make sense?
Anyway, I understand it is a business and things must be done... but, I do not have to agree with the way things are done. Maybe I should mention something to them... I don't know. I truly appreciate the people! Everyone is so nice! I think they mean well for sure. I don't know.... we shall see.

Neal and I have moved some of the "breeders" into the back room where it is more private. I don't know if it will work, but time will tell all. The Lories seem to really be into eachother! They have been in and out of the nest box so much! I hope they have babies! I am so excited about it!
Since we moved the Eclecti, they have stopped their courting behavior. I guess I expected that, but it is disappointing. I am sure it will take some more time, but that is what we have.
The Caiques are still fighting during the day. Not really fighting, just not into eachother very much. But, at night, they sleep all cuddled up. I just don't get it. LOL! That is another situation that will take some time.
The Canaries are sitting on more eggs! Can you believe that? They are so good!

As for the new birds we bought a while back, they are still in quarantine. What gorgeous birds they are! One pair of Parrotlets, one pair of Gloster Canaries and one American Singer Canary. I think there is something wrong with the AS, but I am not sure. I will keep an eye out. The others all seem great! I will try to get some photos on here of them soon.

Bobby, the Blue Crown Conure, is doing much better! I am not sure if I have mentioned him, but he is the bird we rescued from these people from the last bird show. I knew something was wrong with him, but had to go through all kinds of stuff to get him. I finally did, but took him to the vet and he was sick. He also has a tumor that we have to have removed. But, not until he gains some weight. He was very skinny. So, next time we get a check up, we will decide if he is able to with stand the surgery. Poor little guy! I love him so much and hope all will be well.

Thanks, again, to all who have been supporting our site and us! We appreciate you!

Oh, by the way, a friend of mine has just recently adopted an African Grey. It is kind of a long story, but what is happening is that the bird is choosing her husband instead of her to bond with. Does anyone have any suggestions to remedy this?
I have suggested a few things, but always love to hear from others who have had this happen to them. She is sad this is happening and I just want to help as best I can. She is a great person and deserves to be happy!

Ok, I will write more later.